International Barrels Inc. produces match grade barrels for bolt action rifles. They also produce prefit barrels for all the popular actions that run off of a barrel nut system.
All of their barrels are made from the best rifle grade steel available. They are honed, hand lapped and double stress relieved during the barrel making process. IBI takes great care during the buttoning process to make sure their end product exceeds the standards of the worlds top shooters.
IBI Remington 700 prefit barrels come chambered and threaded for Remington 700 rifles utilizing a barrel nut system. They come in various calibers and twist rates such as .223, .308, .300, 6.0mm, 6.5, 7mm, .338 and many more.
These barrels require NO gunsmithing! but what they do require is for the user (or a gunsmith) to set the headspace to ensure safe firing.
Button Rifling Process:
Button Rifling is a modern method that creates the grooves in the cold surface of a rifle bore by displacing metal using a bullet-shaped, super-hard button of tungsten carbide. The rifling button has the reverse pattern of the groove profile ground into its surface. As the rifling button is pushed or pulled through the barrel, the groove pattern is ironed into the bore surface by displacement. In most cases, the button remains free to rotate during this process, dependent on the angle of the grooves in its surface to cause the desired degree of rifling twist.
Advantages of button rifling:
- Button rifling leaves a smooth, bright finish inside the barrel.
- Button-rifled barrels are very accurate.
- Bore and groove dimensions are very consistent.
- Remington 700 Prefit Match Grade Barrel with Barrel Nut System
- Hand Lapped
- Double Stress Relieved
- Threading: 1.062x16 TPI
- Contour: Similar to M24/M40
- Material: Stainless Steel 416R
- Included: Barrel
- Not included: Barrel Nut, Barrel Nut Wrench or Thread Protector
- Made in Canada by IBI Internation Barrels INC.