Area 419 is always developing new technologies to improve on existing products. With the rapid growth in popularity of using ARCA rails in precision rifles, they found a way to improve the existing dovetail technology to something that could be mechanically locked in place instead of just relying on friction.
Area 419’s patent pending serrated edge rails and mechanically locking ARCALOCK Clamp prevents parts such as the Clamp or Barricade Stop to slide under heavy pressure.
The 4-slot Area 419 picatinny rail is attached to Area 419's ARCALOCK Clamp, allowing its use with any picatinny mount compatible bipod. This is helpful with Atlas 2-Screw models (such as BT10, BT65, BT69, BT72), Harris Model S-BRMP and S-LMP, ARISAKA Harris Bipod QD Pic Mount, as well as Evo bipods. This rail also includes an integral flush cup for the attachment of slings.
Advantages of ARCALOCK™ with Picatinny Rail:
- Allows the installation of Picatinny compatible bipods with Arca Rail system.
- Works on all standard ARCA/1.5" Dovetail rails.
- Clamp comes with Two-Stage screw design.
- Clamp capable of mechanical locking if used with Area 419 Rail System.
- Proprietary two-stage screw design.
- Clamping screw features two different thread pitches. The coarse 16tpi is used when no tension is on clamp, allowing rapid movement of the clamp vs others on the market. With high speed comes low torque though, so to counteract this as soon as the clamp sees tension it will switch to the 32tpi threads in the knob to give you extra torque when not using on an ARCALOCK rail.
- ~1/4 Turn releases the clamp from the detents on the ARCALOCK rail for movement
- One Turn releases clamp to be removed from rail
- Clamp directly bolts to Atlas Bipods using their factory hardware (excluding the 2-screw bipods. QD and NC only)
- Barricade stop can either be standalone on the clamp using provided hardware, or sandwiched between an Atlas bipod. *Barricade stop does not work with Harris Bipods*
- Harris Bipod adapter available immediately, find it here:
- Future plans for a Picatinny rail section that can be bolted to the clamp for use with other bipods.
- Clamp is backwards compatible with standard ARCA rails by removing the two pins, and will still work this way to give you infinite sliding adjustment on the ARCALOCK rail.
- Moving side of clamp is dovetailed on both sides to prevent tilt
- Knob/Screw design prevents the clamp from being able to fall apart if you loosen it too far
- Clamp and knob machined in house from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Screw is turned from 303 Stainless Steel
- Type III Hardcoat Black anodized clamp and Gold anodized knob
Area 419 4-Slot Picatinny Rail and Flush Cup Features:
- 4 slot bottom 1913 rail
- An integral fluch cup for the attachment of slings
- Machined from 6061-T6 aluminum with Mil-Spec Type III Class 2 finish
- WEIGHT: .7 lbs
- DIMENSIONS: 6 × 3.5 × 2 in
- Designed, Engineered, Machined & Assembled in USA by Area 419