The MOD7 HOG Saddle is a rugged, lightweight, mobile shooting platform that has been designed from the ground up to universally attach to tripod-based modular equipment, providing the operator with a stable shooting position adaptable to diverse environments. It can also be used for providing stable platform for spotting scopes, range finders and weather meters.
HOG Saddle is designed by a Marine Scout Sniper and OIF Veteran, a rifle rest tailored to the special operations and law enforcement community and made for extreme precision.
The HOG Saddle Shooting Platform is constructed around four basic principles.
- RUGGEDNESS: Purpose build for the military snipers to be impact and corrosion resistant
- PORTABILITY: Light weight at less than 16 oz
- VERSATILITY: Adaptable to any tripod platform utilizing 1/4-20 or 3/8-16 thread attachments
- AMERICAN MADE: Designed and manufactured USA
The MOD7 HOG Saddle is currently a standard issue item in the US Marine Corps with every M40A5 sniper rifle. It is now used by elite shooters in virtually every branch of the military and most government agencies in the US and around the world.
- CNC machined from a solid block of aluminum
- Black oxide stainless steel bolt and guide rods
- Hard anodized Milspec finish (a resilient surface which serves as an excellent base coat for custom camouflage paint)
- 1/4-20 stainless steel mounting threads and 3/8-16 back up threads
- CNC machined torque knob assembly with retention button screw to prevent disassembly in the field (opens 1/4in wider than previous model)
- Stainless steel noise dampening tension spring
- 1/4 inch thick, recessed urethane pads specifically engineered to absorb rifle recoil and reduce muzzle jump
- Anti-rotation slots to accept tripod QD plates that have video pins
- Superior resistance to corrosion
- Opens to 2 11/16 and closes to 1 1/2
- Weight: 450g
- Made in the USA by Shadow Tech LLC