You do not need a PayPal account to pay by
Copyright © 2007-2014
All Rights Reserved
Kestrel Elite Weather Meter
with Applied Ballistics
Kestrel Elite Weather Meters with Applied Ballistics provide the
most complete ballistics calculator and a rugged Kestrel Weather Meter with the "science of accuracy" built in.
A powerful shooting tool that combines the critical environmental data and
targeting software solutions required for precision shooting -- all in one hand-held device.
Previously, shooters would need to obtain environmental data from a Kestrel meter and then
input the acquired data into a PDA loaded with Applied ballistics software.
Now, the Kestrel Ballistics Elite Weather Tracker with Applied Ballistic Software contains
all of the necessary data and solutions in one device to minimize user workload and distraction.
The Kestrel Elite Weather Meter combines accurate measurement of air density and wind with
a powerful ballistics calculator to deliver precise elevation
and windage solutions for unprecedented accuracy on extended long range shots.
Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics Overview:
The Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics takes the guesswork out of long-range shooting, even out to the transonic and subsonic flight range of your bullet.
- Employs the Applied Ballistics bullet library of custom drag models, an exact measurement of your bullet’s drag profile plus corrections for Aerodynamic Jump, Spin Drift, Coriolis, and Drop Scale Factoring to achieve accurate extended long-range shots.
- Expanded features include a customizable Range Card and an expanded Ballistics Data Table, as well as storage for up to 16 gun and bullet profiles and 5 saved targets.
- Weather mode offers the full environmental measurements, storage and charting capabilities of the Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter, including wind speed, direction, crosswind, temperature, humidity, pressure and altitude.
- Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth Smart® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers and integration with LiNK compatible laser range finders for improved speed and accuracy.
(Note: Kestrel LiNK Wireless Dongle sold seperately)
- Kestrel LiNK for Ballistics app on Android and iOS provides full gun management as well as access to the Applied Ballistics library of custom drag models for transfer to the Kestrel.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight. Includes both bright white and night-vision-preserving red backlight.
- Choice of solution units (Mils, true MOA, Shooter’s MOA, or clicks) - works with any gun or targeting scope.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
This next-generation integrated weather meter and ballistics solver provides the same trusted accuracy, reliability, and usability as the original Kestrel 4500 with Applied Ballistics but adds many new features and options. If you’re familiar with the Kestrel 4500, the first thing you’ll notice is the larger, higher-resolution and contrast display and improved font readability. The Kestrel 5 series also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and AA battery operation and offers optional LiNK iOS and Android wireless connectivity and app support. Like all Kestrel meters, the Kestrel Elite is drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand harsh environments without damage – so it can accompany you to the range, hunt, match, deployment or engagement for years to come. A range of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel meter with you.
Buy the Kestrel Elite with LiNK and get the power of the free Kestrel LiNK Ballistics app. Build and manage your gun/bullet profiles and download them to your Kestrel Elite before you set out. Choose from the extensive Litz library of custom bullet drag models for the most precise transonic and subsonic range solutions available anywhere. At the range or match, secure your Kestrel Elite to a tripod using the optional Kestrel Vane Mount and use the app to quickly adjust the target range and view the shooting solution and wind rose without leaving your shooting position. The LiNK Ballistics app even lets you set up multiple targets for single-screen viewing – just about an unfair advantage! It’s like having a meteorologist and ballistician standing next to you while you shoot.
LiNK enabled units can also be wirelessly paired with LiNK compatible laser range finders, such as the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile CONX, to seamlessly integrate target data into the ballistic solution for unparalleled speed and accuracy.
In addition to the ballistics solver capabilities, the Kestrel Elite is a comprehensive weather meter for measurement and logging of primary environmental conditions, including wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, heat index, pressure and altitude. Paired with the Vane Mount, the Kestrel Elite becomes a compact, easily-deployable weather station. Your data log can be transferred to a mobile device wirelessly with the LiNK wireless communication option and Kestrel LiNK app, or to a PC/MAC with either the wireless USB Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (available separately).
Kestrels have been put to the test in some of the harshest conditions on the planet. U.S. Special Forces, combat weather teams, wildland firefighters, smoke jumpers, Mt. Everest expeditions and auto pit crews are just a few who rely on a Kestrel to provide them with the crucial environmental data they need. Watch any on-screen meteorologist during a hurricane, and you’re sure to spot a Kestrel in action. With a Kestrel Elite, you can put accurate shooting solutions and environmental measurements in the palm of your hand, anywhere your adventure takes you.
The Kestrel Elite with Applied Ballistics accurately measures:
- Barometric Pressure
- Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)
- Density Altitude
- Dew Point
- Dew Point Temperature
- Heat Stress Index
- Relative Humidity
- Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)
- Wind Direction (Wind Direction and Orientation)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed
All Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters are made in the USA and covered by
a 5-year warranty
against manufacturing defects. Additionally, every single Kestrel manufactured is calibrated for every
single value, either directly against NIST-traceable standards or against an intermediary standard
that is calibrated daily. Every unit is shipped with a FREE
Certificate of Conformity that states
what calibrations were performed, and the certified performance specifications.
The Kestrel Elite with Applied Ballistics includes:
- Neck Lanyard
- AA Lithium Battery (Average Life 400 Hours)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Certificate of Conformity (with complete specifications)
- Instruction Manual
- Five Year Warranty
Kestrel LiNK Technology:
Kestrel Elite with Applied Ballistics is now available as
special order with Wireless LiNK technology.
Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for Android & iOS
Wirelessly connect with mobile devices. When in range, manage and transfer gun profiles, adjust Kestrel target range, and view shooting solutions on the mobile device. Multi-target view provides single-screen summary of customized targets – perfect for match day. Most effective when paired with the Kestrel Vane Mount for real-time windage solutions.
- LiNK Ballistics for Android
- LiNK Ballistics for iOS
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
- Kestrel LiNK for Windows
- Kestrel LiNK for Mac
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
- Kestrel LiNK for iOS
- Kestrel LiNK for Android
NOTE: Range up to 100’ line of sight – reduced by walls and obstructions.
Input your own gun data and compute a range card
Shipping: In Stock items ship in 7-14 days
Price: See Options